Wednesday, May 25, 2011

The Waiting Roller Coaster

We’re currently on some peculiar loop de loop of the Waiting Roller Coaster. 
Jason, my loving husband, was awoken in the middle of the night by a thunderstorm that was rolling through.  Because we have DirectTv, when it rains hard, the signal is lost, so he couldn’t pull up the Weather Channel to see the satellite.  So, he got out his laptop and pulled their site up.  That led to a surfing session which landed him on the Rumor Queen site (where all China Adopters go for rumors).
Rumor Queen posted last night that she had seen a rumor floating around for a cutoff date of June 30, 2006. 
The poor guy got so excited.  He got up, paced around the house for a bit, debating if he should wake me up to share the news or not.  So, the one night that I’m actually sleeping well this week, he starts shaking me…”Honey, honey, wake up!”
Well, that did the trick.  I’ve been up since 3 a.m.  I’m shaking like a leaf….not sure if it’s because I’m tired or excited….
I want to jump up and down!
I want to crawl under my blankets and hide until I’m certain…..
See, if this rumor turns out to be false, and the cutoff date is earlier than June 27, 2006, I’m going to be devastated.  Heartbroken. 
I’ll also know that I’m next, but I’m afraid I’ve gotten my hopes up so high now that this week will be IT that I’m going to be severely disappointed.  I’ve watched friends see their kiddos graduate…kids I used to baby sit are parents now and I’m still waiting……
So, my friends and family, stay tuned!  This ride is getting WILD!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment