Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Countdown

Well, the countdown has started for the next batch.  That leaves us right now with two questions:
Will we be in with this month?
Or
Will we be left out of this month and be in next month’s?
Unfortunately, our Log In Date is currently in a cusp position.  If they do a normal size or larger batch, we’re in.  If they do a small batch like last time, we’re not.  OK, so last times was actually miniscule. 
Because we’re in this holding pattern, if you will, we’ve started working on getting everything together for the trip.  I wanted to start now because once we get that referral, we’re going to be running around like chickens with their heads cut off.  It’s going to be exciting AND stressful.
We’ve also started working on Little Dumpling’s room.  We’ve removed all of the wall paper.  We now need to scrub down the walls to get any residual adhesives and paper off.  Once that’s done, we’ll prime.  I think I’m going to leave the painting until after we get the referral.  My biggest fear is that we paint the walls the lovely shade of palest pink and we get a referral for a boy. 
One of my other “stresses” is what if we get a referral for twins?  We only took five years to agree on the girl’s name we picked out (no, you have to wait for the referral announcement to hear what it is).  A boy’s name was relatively easy.  We had immediate agreement on that one.  But a second girl’s name?  That would be a major challenge.  The other stress about twins is that we would have to go out and buy two of EVERYTHING…well, except the stroller….they make those for twins.
Will a boy or twins happen?  Probably not.  But we have to be mentally prepared for it.  All I know is I’m glad that I’m going to be a mommy soon!  (OK, my friend Wendy insists that I already am a mommy…that Little Dumpling is waiting for me)  So I should rephrase that as I’m glad I’m going to be able to hold my baby soon!
..ooOOoo..
I REALLY need to figure out how to insert pictures into this blog.  I need to figure it out before we go to China, since this blog is how we’re going to be sharing our adoption trip.  I’ve signed up for a Flickr account, but Blogger and Flickr don’t seem to “talk” to each other.  So now I have to find a photo sharing site that it likes.  If anyone knows of a site, could you please let me know?

No comments:

Post a Comment