Saturday, May 28, 2011

I HATE WALLPAPER

We started working on Little Dumpling’s room.  The people who lived there before us wallpapered the room in ABC wall paper.  Not bad for a kid’s room, I suppose.  It’s just not my taste. 

Add to that, they did a very poor job of putting the stuff up on the wall.

We’ve decided on a Classic Pooh theme, with pink walls and green accents.  Yes, kind of girly.  My mom is helping by making a comforter and crib accessories.  So the ABC theme in primary colors just didn’t make the cut. 
Here’s a fun fact:  It was the Chinese who invented the wall paper. 
So, with the difficulty one has in removing the stuff, I wanted to curse the descendents of the one who first did it.   But I can’t.  I could potentially be cursing Little Dumpling and my future grandchildren, etc. 
If anyone has ever removed wallpaper, you know the torture we’ve endured.
Priming is next.   Then paint.    I didn’t want to paint because, my luck, we’d paint the room pink and then be referred a boy.  This way, we aren’t wasting our time!
So, this is what the room looks like now in its evolution.


No comments:

Post a Comment