Sunday, July 24, 2011

Sunday Ramblings


Teagin threw up 3 times in 10 minutes yesterday.  So we asked the other parents what they were giving and they were told 6 ounces.  The orphanage gave us an information sheet telling us Teagin was taking 9 ounces in her bottle!  I feel horrible now!  I’ve been gorging my child on formula and rice!  We’re cutting back on the amount.  We were supposed to go out with the travel group to a Japanese restaurant tonight, but decided to stay in, considering Teagin’s tummy was erupting in the lobby.  Probably a wise idea.  I know I don’t like going anywhere on an upset tummy so I’m assuming she doesn’t either.  It seems to have worked because she’s a happier baby this morning.  I’ve also noticed that she’s throwing up her formula when she’s working on her number twos.

Traveling to Guangzhou was a traumatic experience for her.  She screamed for almost the entire flight.  I got a dirty look from the guy in front of me, but what do you do?  The plane was packed and cramped quarters which didn’t make any of us happy.  I’m very glad that we’ve upgraded to Economy Plus for the ride back.  Hopefully the seat next to us is still open.  Then we’ll have the whole row to ourselves again.

Yesterday was the doctors’ appointments that are required for us to get her US Visa.  She weighed 7.6 kilograms which translates to 16 pounds and 12.8 ounces.  For those of you wondering, that’s a size 3-6 months but she’ll probably not be in them much longer.  All of her weight is in her thighs!  She also checked out OK with the ENT and surgical checks.  I’m still wondering how she got past the ENT doctor with flying colors.  I’ve noticed that she has this heart shaped tip to her tongue and that she can’t stick her tongue out of her mouth.  I think she’s a bit tongue tied so I’m making an appointment to have my doctor look at it.  I hate to say it, but she’s not going to be a very happy baby in the near future if I’m right.  She’ll have to have a minor surgery to correct.  I sure hope I’m wrong….

Today we did a bit of sightseeing.  We went to the Chen Clan Academy.  The architecture was simply amazing.  I thought the Forbidden City was awesome; it has NOTHING on this place.  Unfortunately, I didn’t get half the pictures I wanted…my camera died.  

Jason didn’t come along with the sightseeing.  He’s still not feeling well.  He started running a fever and is now coughing.  Poor Teagin doesn’t quite know what to think when he coughs.   It’s like a gunshot or cannon going off…so loud!  She just sits and stares at him.

Tomorrow is the appointment at the US Consulate.  We’ll get Teagin’s visa to come to the US and then we can’t leave China for 48 hours.  After the appointment, we’re heading to Shamian Island to do some shopping!  On Tuesday afternoon, we travel to Hong Kong in preparation for our trip back to the US.  So our time here in China is nearly over.  It’s going to feel so good to get home and get settled back into some semblance of normalcy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment