Thursday, July 7, 2011

In One Week...

In exactly one week, we will board a small plane to Chicago.  This plane will carry us to a much larger plane which will carry us across the ocean.  We will have a few days to acclimate ourselves to the culture and time zone and then we will finally get to hold, hug, kiss, and SEE our daughter with our own eyes.  All we have right now are five pictures of her.  That’s not nearly enough in my opinion.  We received our in-country itinerary and bookings.  They have us staying at some pretty nice places.  My personal favorite, based on name, is the Galactic Peace International Hotel, which is located in Nanchang.  Not only is that the hotel we’ll be staying in when Teagin joins our family, but it plays to my love of science fiction!  I mean really!  Doesn’t it sound like something the Federation or the Jedi Council would have to house the intergalactic dignitaries???
We have a little more work to do on Teagin’s room.  We need to get shades for her windows, hang the curtains; buy the chair and book shelf and then her room will be complete!  I’ll post some pictures of it when all that’s done. 
We’re frantically working to get our trip items together to pack.  I’m hoping to get that done this weekend.  Not sure if I’ll make it that far, but I sincerely hope so!  If not, we have Monday and Tuesday night to finish.  I want the suitcases completely packed by Wednesday afternoon so that Wednesday evening, we can relax.  Now, keep in mind, I said relax.  I seriously doubt that either one of us will be able to sleep at all!  I know that my sleep patterns have been taking a massive hit the last couple of weeks.  I’ve always been a light sleeper, but this new pattern of insomnia is really getting old.  Now, I know that sleep will be harder to come by once we get Teagin, but right now, we really don’t have much of a reason other than stress.  I could do without the chronic headaches I’ve been having as well. 
I want to give a shout out to my managers at work who are making valiant efforts to keep me distracted this week.  I feel bad for them since it’s not really working too well.  I have a constant mantra of packing items running through my head along with the mile-long to do list.
I’m beginning to ramble which means I’m starting to lose my mind!  Speaking of losing one’s mind…what the HECK is Brett Favre (traitor...narcissistic fool) thinking???????
Go Packers!

1 comment:

  1. Reading your post made me have amazing memories when our own child was on her way home. Your Teagin is beautiful. We are the parents of 4 chinese adoptees (warning: having one will be addictive) They are now 19, 16, 13, and 12. Wishing you an amazing trip to China--it is a fun journey! Sheila Temple

    ReplyDelete