Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Leave Management


I called yesterday to initiate my leave of absence.  What a hassle!  The gal I talked to couldn’t quite grasp my leave dates.  I called in and told her that I would be starting my Bonding Leave on July 25 and would be returning to work on August 29.  She kept telling me that I needed to sign the intermittent boding form because I was taking less than 7 calendar days for my leave.  Huh!  Never knew that July 25 – August 28 was less than 7 calendar days.  Once we got that straightened out, I asked her about my Flex Care Spending account.  She said I needed to talk to Benefits.  So she transferred me.  Benefits said, no, you need to talk to Leave Management.  I did NOT want to be transferred back to the gal I had just talked to since she was Oh so intelligent.  They then told me I needed to call Wage Works.  So I called them.  Wage works told me I needed to talk to Benefits who then referred me back to Leave Management who referred me back to Benefits AGAIN.  Benefits then told me I needed to talk to Wage Works.  At that point, I hung up and refused to call them again!  Jason finally agreed to call on my behalf.  What I never was able to accomplish, he had figured out in about ten minutes.  All I wanted to know is how I would be charged while I’m out on leave because my leave is unpaid. 

Tomorrow is going to be running our last minute errands and getting all the house stuff in order.  We still need to pack our last suitcase, but that won’t take very long.  We should be done relatively early with that.  I’m also not sure if we’re going to get much sleep in the next couple of days.  Jason is nervous about the international flight.  I’m just concerned that I’m going to be incredibly bored!  We’re going to be stuck in a confined space for a very long time.  All I want is to get to Nanchang and get Teagin!  

Just a few more days!

No comments:

Post a Comment