Thursday, July 21, 2011

It's Friday


We’re spending a quiet day in the room.  Jason’s not feeling so hot and we have to pack to fly to Guangzhou.  I can’t believe that we have less than a week left here.  On one hand, I’d love to stay and see more of the country.  On the other hand, I’m so ready to go home.  I’m tired of having to remember to not rinse my toothbrush in the sink, the cigarette smoke, inferior cheeseburgers, the stinky tofu….  

Stinky tofu…smells like a hog confinement in the summer on steroids.  I’m not quite sure HOW people can find that tasty.  The smell alone makes me want to vomit.  I was gagging every time we passed the vendor.  Hopefully, we aren’t exposed to that “delicacy” when we’re in Guangzhou.  

Tomorrow we have the required doctor’s appointment and then on Monday is the meeting at the consulate where we take the last steps required to make Teagin a US citizen.  As soon as we touch down in Chicago, she’ll be official!  

I’m posting a video for Grandma and Papa Kraai, since they can’t get their video chat to work. 




I can’t wait to go home and eat normal food…a few places I’m going to hit are Famous Dave’s for the Cajun Chicken sandwich, Red Robin for any burger, and Chicago Speakeasy for prime rib.  I like to recognize my food before I eat it and some of the dishes I’ve seen here are, well, disturbing to look at.  

I am simply amazed at how much Teagin has developed since she was placed with us.  She can now sit up for about 3 minutes before toppling over and she scoots herself all over the bed, going after the things she wants.  I don't think it will be much longer and she'll be crawling!  I also don't think we're going to have too much of an issue flipping the sleep schedule.  Our little girl never wants to go to sleep so we'll just let her stay up as long as she wants!

I need to get going.  A little girl has just woken from her nap and is demanding attention.

No comments:

Post a Comment