Friday, June 24, 2011

My Water Broke! Commence Pushing.

Remember this post? Contractions talked about how I've tied the stages of labor to Teagin's adoption.
Oh what a week it has been!
My "water" finally broke!  We're now in the push to get everything ready before we travel!
On Tuesday, our visas to travel in China arrived, snug as a bug in our passports.  We also saw rumors that Travel Approvals were starting to arrive in other countries.  With that tidbit of information, it was ANOTHER exciting and anxious day waiting waiting for that illustrious form that says, “Come and get her”. 
Wednesday afternoon, the call came!  Our Travel Approval had come and our agency was now working to secure a consulate appointment for us in Guangzhou.
Thursday morning and the email notifying us of our appointment arrived…along with the firm travel dates.  This sparked a flurry of activity on our end, because, with that notice, we had Thursday and Friday to book our international flights.  There was a catch.  Because our agency also books travel, they were working to reserve flights for us, too.  Our airline of preference is United Airlines.  We have our frequent flyer miles through them and also belong to a reward club where you register your credit cards and earn miles for purchases.  So, since this is a major trip, we really wanted to get the miles.  I pulled up a tentative itinerary for our flights, Jason agreed with my flight choices, and then waited.   Before noon, we had received AWAA’s itinerary…..theirs matched….well, close enough.  We did get United…the flights to China were the same I had chosen…the return flights were almost what I had chosen.  Des Moines to Chicago to Beijing….Hong Kong to Chicago to Des Moines.  The leg back to Des Moines from Chicago was for a flight one hour earlier than I had initially chosen….but the price was the same, so we said “Book it!”
After we booked, I asked Teresa, our travel coordinator, what date we would be meeting our girls.  We’ll FINALLY have her in our arms on July 18!  Oh, I can’t WAIT!
20 days until we travel.
23 days until we finally meet Teagin.
Let the insanity begin!!!

3 comments:

  1. GRRRR....Blogger removed ALL of my spacing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I came across your blog recently. (I'm a big fan of China adoptions! We have a little granddaughter from China.) I was just reading your blog this morning when your post for today appeared! So glad you have your travel approval. When I saw the updated photos of your precious daughter this morning, I just wanted to squeeze her. She is adorable! Made me go back and look at the gotcha videos of our little one. How precious! Wishing the best for you as you travel to bring home little Teagin! I know how hard it is to wait . . . but believe me, it's so worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So you live in DM? Or Iowa anyway? We are in NE Iowa. E-mail me through my blog.

    ReplyDelete