Tuesday, June 14, 2011

And It's Tuesday

It’s a new week and a new look for the blog.  Everything has been quiet on the home front.  We’re busy getting Teagin’s room ready for her.  Unfortunately, the to-do list schedule has been compromised.  Jason was supposed to mow last night.  That didn’t happen.  We ended up having to run some errands instead because of the lovely weather system that moved through yesterday afternoon.  The grass was too wet to mow. 
Over the weekend, we went up to LeMars to install the new computer system Jason built for them.  Terry, my father-in-law, has nicknamed the thing “White Lightening” because it’s so much faster than their old system.  Arlene, my mother-in-law, also gave me a blanket and two adorable sweaters she crocheted for Teagin.  I can't WAIT to see her in them!  We had a nice quiet day there, dinner out at Olive Garden, then we drove back home.  On Sunday, we took advantage of a coupon we received and bought a carseat for Teagin.  This is the one we got.  It will work as a rear facing, then front facing, then booster.  It’s an Evenflo Symphony 65.

I never realized how saturated the market is with things like this.  How do you really know you’re getting the right one?  Is it safe?  And why do they put an expiration date on the thing?  Will it rot?  Deteriorate?  Fall apart?  Go bad?  If it’s going to not be considered safe after that time, are they really making them correctly?
We’re also impatiently waiting for our referral update which will include recent photos, measurements, etc.  I can’t wait to see how much Teagin’s grown in the two months since the pictures we have of her were taken.  We’re also waiting on travel approval.  Hopefully, that will be coming soon as well.  Last week we sent all of our visa paperwork to our agency so that they can get our visas to travel.  Once we get those and travel approval, they’ll make an appointment with the American Consulate in Guangzhou and we’ll get to book travel.  When we book, we’ll get a definite date for when we’ll finally get to hold her in our arms.
I don’t think that little girl realizes how much she’s already loved, wanted, and frankly needed.  She’s going to mend the hole I’ve felt whenever I see families with children.  I’ve learned that there are a lot of people in this world who take the ability to give birth for granted.  It’s a precious thing to be able to feel your child growing inside you – to bond with them in the womb.  That is something that I will never experience.  I’ve only known the pain and longing of the wait – having her growing in my heart.  I’m going to make sure she knows every day how much we love her.  Heck, she’s not even home yet and is already being spoiled rotten!  I think her cousin Whitney is going to be helping spoil her too!  Right, Whit?
So hopefully, new picks will come soon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment