Friday, June 10, 2011

Happy Half Birthday

Well today Teagin turns 6 months.  I wish we could have her with us.  This is the absolute hardest part of the wait.  We have a face to insert in our dreams and daydreams.  I have a picture of her posted up on my cubicle wall, just in the line of sight.  I catch myself just staring at her sweet face, trying to imagine what her smile looks like, what her crying face looks like.  I miss my little girl!
We’ve spent most of the week trying to stay cool.  It’s been hot, hot, HOT here.  Today?  Wet and cold!  We’ve also been filling out various forms and paperwork to enable us to go get Teagin.  And my poor husband has been trying to rein in my shopping.  I’ve been finding the most adorable clothes! 
Not much else has been happening in our world.  Just staying busy, trying to keep our minds off of how much we miss our little one and getting ourselves ready to travel.
Incidentally,  I got Fu Min translated.  Thanks, Chi!!
Fu – good fortune, lucky, or prosperity
Min – Jade like stone
So it’s lucky stone…or as we’ve been calling her, lucky jade. 
Gan is the surname they give to all of the infants in Jianxin Orphanage. 
We’re waiting on our referral update.  Because it was a holiday over in China earlier this week, our updates are expected early next week.  Oh well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment