Wednesday, November 24, 2010

9 Years

Nine short years ago, on this day, I married the love of my life. 
It’s been quite the trip!  It’s been nine years of Jasonisms and Jason-cuts.
I don’t know what I would do without him in my life.  I love him so very much. 
We’ve been told by many that we have the perfect marriage.  I am going to beg to differ on that one.  Nothing in life is perfect.  We are very well matched.  For all of his playfulness, I have the seriousness.  For his absentmindedness, I have the logic.  For his Jasonisms, I’ve learned to interpret what he’s saying.  For his Jason-cuts, I’ve learned to study where we’re going, because he will NOT use a GPS.  (those of you who have had him drive you places, you know what I’m talking about.)  For my melancholy, he’s the silliness needed to get me out of my funk. 
What am I saying?  While we are not perfect and while we do fight at times, we also balance eachother.  We don’t have the same taste in decorating, we don’t have the same taste in TV shows, but what we do have works.  He’s stuck by me during the very long journey that our adoption has taken us on.  For some couples, the long wait has doomed their relationships.  For us, it’s seemed to have brought us closer together. 
Happy Anniversary, Love.

No comments:

Post a Comment