Saturday, October 16, 2010

The Day Some Brain Cells Died

We went out to eat last night at Famous Dave's. MMMMM BBQ. I tried their new Beef Short Rib Sandwich. Jason got his usual half rack Baby Backs Memphis Style (no sauce). Our waitress was a sweet gal. Pretty, smiled a lot. I think she is in high school.

And she giggled. Not just any giggle, but the stereotypical dumb blonde giggle. She greeted us. And giggled. Apologized for the wait. And giggled. Brought us our drinks. And giggled. WOW! She put in our order which gave us a breather from the giggles.

I tried to take a drink of my water through a straw…got air. Pulled it out and it had a hole in the bendy part. She came back and I asked her for a new straw…"Oh no!!! You didn't get it all over yourself did you?"

"Nope"

Giggle giggle giggle…"it happens all the time." Her hands were waving everywhere….I was almost afraid for my water.

She brought us our food. Giggle giggle.

Everything OK? Giggle

"Yes, could I get some more sauce?" The short ribs were glazed in a Dr Pepper glaze. It was very tasty and I really wanted more.

She brought it out….giggling. Apparently, she almost sneezed…or so she said while she giggled.

"Did you want dessert?"

By this time, we were laughing so hard we could barely eat anymore. We did splurge and get the bread pudding.

She brought us our check. Between the giggles and the sugar, I was ready to just go home.

I think I lost a few brain cells tonight.


 

By the way….she wasn't blonde. She's brunette.

Probably has a 4.0……

No comments:

Post a Comment